1 Lb. all purpose Flour
1 pint of milk
1 pint of sparkling water
1 small package of fresh yeast 2 oz. from Red Star (Pick and Save: dairy)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 package of vanilla sugar
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 stick of butter unsalted
- Melt the butter. Add the milk and the sparkling water until lukewarm.
- In another recipient (the quantity may double): put the egg yolks, the sugar and vanilla sugar, salt, the flour, and add the liquid.
- In a separate bowl put 5 tablespoons of milk. Warm up until lukewarm and melt the yeast into it. Use a fork.
- Add the yeast mixture to the other ingredients and stir gently. Add the hard beaten egg whites very gently.
- Leave the batter covered with a towel about 45 min. in a warm environment and leave the possibility to double in quantity.
- You can begin to bake. For the first waffle, grease your iron.
- Good luck!